Saturday, January 16, 2010

Here it is - did it work?

Well here it is. I finally decided to start a blog as a place to comment on happenings and how the Lord is working in my life. Hopefully this project will turn out to be encouraging, or at least an interesting read. A little about me: I'm 21 and run a small landscape business while I live at home. I'll be going to A&M in the fall to study Architecture, and hope to one day run my own firm from home. For now, I'm saving up money by working as often as possible, and I'm taking a few classes at the community college to knock out some credit prior to A&M.

The title for my blog obviously stems from the book by John Eldridge, 'Wild at Heart'. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. While it is directed at men, I believe it's a great book for women as well, to learn something about their male counterparts. The book really helped me understand some of the desires the Lord has given me, and how I bear God's image. It lit a fire under me to understand that it is time to 'put childish things behind' and become the man God wants me to be. In the end, the book demonstrated that men are created 'wild at heart' in the image of their creator, and not only is it ok for us to pursue a 'dangerous' wild hearted path, it's what God expects - for us to fight for him and for what is right, bravely stepping out on the path he has laid for us. Being Wild at Heart then is an expression of my desire to follow Christ, to become a man after God's own heart.

I pray that as I add posts to this blog you are encouraged, and possibly challenged to live up to what God has in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment